Swim At Your Own Risk: Nibble Nibble

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Nibble Nibble

A young Sydney surfer got bit by a shark on Wednesday at Park Beach in Australia during a surfing competition. 15 year-old Blake Garnett was just standing beside his surfboard (in waist deep water) hoping to catch a wave when he felt something pulling him down. Then, it let go and started nibbling on his foot! Blake's mates carried him up to the beach where they could see that he had a bite mark across the toes and three deep, wide slashing cuts on his ankle. Needless to say, he was taken to the hospital.

more on this...